About Linehan Outfitting Company
Since 1992 we’ve been providing first class fly fishing and hunting adventures here in Montana. Tim and I are the sole proprietors and proud of what we’ve accomplished over the years. We’re Orvis Endorsed and that gives a very specific and clear idea of the quality you can expect. We built this business the old fashioned way with lots of hard work, long hours, and by always keeping in mind that nothing is more important than determination and a positive outlook. Our success is reflected in the large number of return guests we see every season and resting on our laurels is of absolutely no interest to us.
And here are some personal notes about us in case you’re wondering
Tim grew up in New Hampshire and when he’s not on the river pulling hard on the oars and getting guests into fish or in the woods hunting, he’s watching a Red Sox game, listening to a Red Sox game, or pouring over the Boston Red Sox website. You can take the boy out of New England, but you can’t take New England out of the boy. And from time to time he forgets that words like car and farther actually have r’s in them.
Joanne hails from Florida and is an accomplished angler in her own right. Many years ago when we were kids she thought she would be a guide too. But she loves to cook way more than she likes to guide and feeding people simply makes her happy. And it makes our guests very happy too. She’s a studied chef, well versed, and inherently believes in preparing fresh, locally grown food when it’s available. She’s definitely not afraid to butcher an elk either. It’s all about good food for her and she maintains there’s nothing like good food to keep people healthy and happy. Oh yeah, and she basically runs the day to day operations too.
We’re some of the most fortunate people we know. We still love what we do every day because ultimately it makes people smile. What could be better than that?
Awards & Achievements
Over the years Linehan Outfitting Company has been recognized and praised for our professionalism and quality. At first, we kind of thought it would be a bit like bragging to list the awards and accomplishments we’ve received over the years. But, well, umm…Ford and Apple do it so we figured what the heck. And truth be told, it feels good to be recognized by guests and peers in the industry and we just hope you recognize that it validates our work ethic if nothing else.
- 2013 Orvis Guide of the year Read Orvis press release announcement
- 1995 Montana Guide of the Year
- 1998 Orvis Endorsed Outfitter of the Year
- 1998-2003, Tim was host of Trout Unlimited Television on ESPN2 and the Outdoor Life Network
- 2006 Orvis Endorsed Conservationist of the Year
- 2011 Finalist for Orvis Endorsed Outfitter of the Year
- 1992 and forever, Joanne’s Yaak Choco Chipper cookies named all time great in the universe by guests
- 1992 and forever, Joanne’s Black Brick Kootenai brownies named all time great in the universe by guests
- 1992 and forever, Joanne’s braised lamb shanks with creamy polenta and kale salad named all time great in the universe by guests
- 1992 and forever, Joanne’s traditional Belizian chicken with cornbread and fresh from the garden coleslaw…well, you get the point. She’s a wonderful chef and it’s all fresh and delicious.
Tim was recognized by Orvis as their 2006 Guide Conservationist of the Year. And just so you know, its never been our goal to be one of the biggest outfitters in the west, just one of the best. Know we appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. read Orvis press release